Friday, April 29, 2011
Monday, April 25, 2011
A little buckle rash!!
Thursday, April 21, 2011
April 20, 2011
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
British rockers Judas Priest are famous for breakin’ the law, breakin’ the law (at least in song). But today it was announced that guitarist and founding member K.K. Downing has broken with the metal muthas after 40 years of service.
In a statement on the official Judas Priest website the band announced “with regret” that Downing has retired and will not be joining them on their forthcoming tour. Downing will be replaced by a British guitarist called Richie Faulkner.
This is my list (average cost):
- Tool box - small unit about the size of an average lunch box. Cost ($10 to $30 dollars)
- Multimeter ($20 to the sky for a nice Fluke meter)
- Spare fuses, batteries and pre Amp tubes (average about $50 total)
- Multi tip screw driver or a set of jewelers screw drivers ($15.00)
- Needle nose pliers ($10)
- Wire cutters [one might find dual purpose needle nose] ($10)
- Flashlight (torch) ($15)
- GFCI surge protector ($50
- Ground fault receptacle and outlet tester ($5)
- Spare guitar lead/cord/cable ($50)
- Spare power cord ($15)
- Duct tape/gaffer tape [bright colored] ($5)
- Extra strings ($10)
- String winder ($15)
- Micro towel ($2)
- Electrical tape ($2)
- Emory board ($2)
- Detoxit D5 electronic cleaner ($10) works great on switches and pots!
Friday, April 15, 2011
This photo is from FRETS.com
Once I plane the area near level to the surrounding area, I'll apply wet sand paper using turpentine as a lubricant while gentle sanding the area. I use usually sand paper that is very fine often above 1000 grit to start, then move to finer grit then finally buff the affected area.
The following photo's are the finished product.
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
This is a nice video regarding building guitars. Watch and you will see why people are passionate about building guitars!
An Asylum Artists production.
The Asylum Artists Production Team:
Don Dixon - Director/ Photographer
Chris Reesor - Director/ Editor
Scott McIntyre - DP/Colorist
Shereen Mroueh - Digital Imaging Artist
Douglas Blais - Sound Engineer on Pool Jumper
Don Rooke - Yanuziello square neck resophonic guitar
Kevin Breit - Yanuziello round neck resophonic guitar
Linda Manzer, Chris Bennett, Carmen Yanuziello - Commentary
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Go to Keith's site and buy a T-shirt that will make you rich and famous!
My examples of lists are as follows:
- Created a list of my favorite songs to play on the acoustic guitar.
- Listed my favorite jazz tunes to play (Bebop!).
- Made a list of my guitar serial numbers and saved it in the computer.
- List of tools I need.