Saturday, June 30, 2012

Lamb of God Singer Arrested in Prague

One member of Lamb of God was arrested in Prague and charged with manslaughter for the death of a fan that occurred in 2010. Randy Blythe was taken into custody on June 28th and is still being held. The incident from which Blythe is charged occurred at a show in 2010 where allegedly a fan was beaten on stage and reportedly died from his wounds. A translated statement from local officials said that "the singer had been arrested and charged with 4 degree bodily harm resulting in the death of a fan."

At this time, the bands management has also released a statement indicating that they expect Randy Blythe to  receive full exoneration of the charges. It should also be noted that though the singer is being held, no formal charges have been made and the case is still in investigative stages. Management stated that under no circumstances did a fight occur. The fan was noted to have attempted to jump the barricade and approach the stage. On his third attempted he managed to approach the singer who pushed the fan back into the audience where supposedly he fell and hit his head.
Is this a case of Social Darwinism? Or a local politician trying to gain some points by holding a internationally well known band responsible for a perceived youthful celebration which has been misconstrued as social disobedience? Nobody should fear being harmed at a concert or any public event, but attempting to "bum" rush the stage is not very smart or lawful. We all  remember the tragedy that took Dimebag Darrell from this planet. Unfortunately, a few bad apples spoil the bunch and this story smells like one fan had a little too much something, testosterone, drugs and alcohol or too few of brain cells. Tragic still, as one fan died. Let's hope Randy's arrest isn't a case of injustice.
Lamb Of God's Randy Blythe Arrested For Manslaughter In Prague 
UPDATE - 08-03-12 Randy was finally released on $400,000 bail on August 3. Blythe left Prague for the United States the day after his release. Officials in the Czech Republic is not expected to complete the investigation until winter of 2012. The band is headquartered in Richmond Virginia. It's a shame that it took more than a month to gain his release. The situation is tragic and it is sad that a man lost his life at an event that is supposed to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment