Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Guitar Related Quotes

"How we do one small thing, like hold a pick, is how we do all the small things that we do, because our approach to that small thing is the approach to another small thing. And all of those small things taken together is how we live our life. If someone comes to you, or me, or someone else for guitar lessons and they say, 'come on then, show me how to hold a pick,' what they are actually saying is, 'show me how to lead my life' But, that's often not what they believe is the question that is being asked..."

Robert Fripp from - Talking Guitars By David Mead, published by Sanctuary, ISBN:1-86074-620-9. Price = 14.99 (USD)

"When I was practicing I always tried to steer away from playing things that were on records. I learned a lot about individuality from Joe [Satriani]... But today, as a rule, if I come up with something on the guitar that I know somebody else is doing, I either try to elaborate on it or I don't do it at all. And I'd recommend that to everybody, because everybody is unique and individual and everybody is capable of developing their own style."

Steve Vai from - Talking Guitars By David Mead, published by Sanctuary, ISBN:1-86074-620-9. Price = 14.99 (USD)

No comments:

Post a Comment