Sunday, September 15, 2013

Who's riffs am I stealing this week?


I have found that transcribing songs is a great way to learn riffs. This is a list of album from which I am listening to this week. Again, I am all over the map stealing riffs from everyone. This week I am stealing from:

Neil Young - Live at Massey Hall 1971
The Reverend Horton Heat - Live at the Fillmore
George Harrison - All things must pass
The Beatles - With the Beatles
The Beatles - Hard days night
The New Kentucky Colonels - Live in Holland 1973
The Decemberists - The King is Dead

I don't consider this group of bands or artists are too outlandish or eclectic. There is a common thread of American Folk music. Most of the music listed above is rooted in Folk Music. All the above mentioned albums are indeed long playing album experiences for me. Sorry, the pictures have nothing to do with the above music selection. Steal from the best!



No comments:

Post a Comment